Download: Tax Tips
& Pitfalls for Holiday
About the guide
Special tax legislation for ‘Furnished Holiday Lets’ (FHL’s) holds significant tax benefits versus a traditional Buy-To-Let (BTL) property. To qualify as an FHL, the property must be:
- Situated in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA).
- Furnished (providing sufficient furniture for normal occupation).
- Let commercially with the intention to make a profit.
- Available to let for 210 out of 365 days and actually let for at least 105 days out of 365.
- Not let to the same person for 31 days of more.
To help holiday let owners understand tax implications of FHLs, Zeal have complied a short presentation outlining tax saving tips and potential pitfalls.
Zeal would also be delighted to offer a free review of your property to help you uncover if you can benefit from unclaimed tax relief on the ’embedded fixtures’ found in and under your holiday let.
Complete this form and click ‘Download' to see your resource.
Download: Tax Tips & Pitfalls for Holiday Let Owners