Talking Tax: September 2022
Author: Adam Spriggs, R&D Tax Director
The last month has been a busy month for the R&D team with multiple submissions including:
- New client: Software company developing virtual learning environments.
- New client: Manufacturing company developing an organic and natural range of SPF products for sensitive skin.
- New client: Software company developing a futureproof platform to process changing data.
- Existing client: Manufacturing company developing organic and natural beauty products.
- Existing client: Manufacturing company developing flooring products.
Coming up this month, the Enquiry Team have a call with HMRC to resolve an existing enquiry on a claim that was prepared elsewhere. Whilst HMRC have taken on more people to aid with compliance queries, a lot of these have only been working in HMRCs R&D team for less than 2 years, and with a finite pool of experienced personnel within HMRC (c20), it’s always best practice to request a call as early as possible as a case worker would then usually request assistance from a senior member of the department to go through the projects. So far this year following calls, we have had a 100% success rate in getting all R&D approved.
For help with HMRC enquiries on R&D Tax Credits claim, contact Adam Spriggs on email@example.com