Manufacturing What we do for manufacturing businesses
Manufacturing is the sector that produces the most amount of R&D Tax claims and receives the most back from HMRC every year, and it’s no surprise given how far reaching the R&D Tax regime can extend across so many aspects of manufacturing businesses and how much innovation is at the core of the manufacturing industry.
From the development of products all the way through to improving the scalability and process efficiencies, innovation is truly at the core of the manufacturing industry.
Examples of R&D activity within the Manufacturing sector include:
- Integrating new materials to improve a products performance.
- Designing, building and testing prototypes.
- Improving production efficiencies through reduced cost, waste or time.
- Developing machinery with greater precision or scalability.
- NPD improving on the performance, functionality or specification of earlier iterations or market place competitors.
- Scaling up production whilst maintaining the same quality and performance of a prototype.
- Developing innovative equipment.
- Generating new knowledge around the functionality of materials regarding their strength, flexibility, weight, temperature tolerances etc.
- Streamlining manufacturing processes through automation.
average claim by SME’s in the manufacturing sector
average claim by large manufacturing companies
of all claims in the UK
We provide training, tailored to your business, that improves your understanding of the scheme to strengthen knowledge or awareness of R&D tax credits.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Our straightforward, jargon-free process ensure claims are robust against any HMRC scrutiny and improves or sets up internal processes to make future claims more efficient
Our forward-looking team embraces new ideas to deliver incredible tax savings coupled with expert approachable tax advice.
The Zeal Guide to R&D Tax Relief
Everything you need to know to make a claim for R&D tax credits.
Our team is made up of chartered tax advisors and manufacturing sector specialists.
All your needs covered from one-off consultancy projects to a fully managed claim service.
We never promise to increase your claim, but we guarantee we'll maximise it.
You might be interested in . . .
Article: Undertaking R&D and received a Grant?
When looking at eligible expenditure for R&D Tax claims there is one category that often strikes initial confusion – EPW’s. EPW stands for Externally Provided Workers - a phrase that doesn’t exist outside the world of R&D Tax.Read in full
Article: Prevent HMRC enquiries on R&D claims
HMRC enquiries can be very costly and take up a great deal of your valuable time and resources if sufficient care isn't taken. Learn how to avoid these costly mistakes.Read in full
Article: R&D Qualifying Expenditure
When looking at eligible expenditure for R&D Tax claims there is one category that often strikes initial confusion – EPW’s. EPW stands for Externally Provided Workers, which still doesn’t shed too much light on what they are as it’s a phrase that doesn’t exist outside the world of R&D Tax.Read in full