Pharma, Life Sciences and Biotech What we do for Pharma, Life Sciences and Biotech businesses
One of the most obvious industries where you would expect to find eligible R&D activities are the pharmaceutical, life sciences and biotech industries – where people might actually wear white lab coats.
Examples of R&D activity with the Pharma, Life Sciences & Biotech sectors include:
- Phase I-III clinical trials, and potentially some aspects of Phase IV
- Improving or creating new methods of drug delivery
- Designing, developing, and testing assays/protocols
- Improving drug formulations to reduce dosage or side effects or increase audience
- Developing new technologies and devices to improve the identification and treatment of conditions
- Software development to sync various healthcare services and providers
- Finding additional uses for current medicines
- Automating and scaling up your manufacturing process
- Developing new medical devises; improving on the size, cost or portability without compromising on its performance
- Developing devices to assist with surgical or non-surgical procedures
Our team is made up of chartered tax advisors and sector specialists.
All your needs covered from one-off consultancy projects to a fully managed claim service.
We never promise to increase your claim, but we guarantee we'll maximise it.
We provide training, tailored to your business, that improves your understanding of the scheme to strengthen knowledge or awareness of R&D tax credits.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Our straightforward, jargon-free process ensure claims are robust against any HMRC scrutiny and improves or sets up internal processes to make future claims more efficient
Our forward-looking team embraces new ideas to deliver incredible tax savings coupled with expert approachable tax advice.
The Zeal Guide to R&D Tax Relief
Everything you need to know to make a claim for R&D tax credits.
You might be interested in . . .
Article: Prevent HMRC enquiries on R&D claims
HMRC enquiries can be very costly and take up a great deal of your valuable time and resources if sufficient care isn't taken. Learn how to avoid these costly mistakes.Read in full
Article: R&D Qualifying Expenditure
When looking at eligible expenditure for R&D Tax claims there is one category that often strikes initial confusion – EPW’s. EPW stands for Externally Provided Workers, which still doesn’t shed too much light on what they are as it’s a phrase that doesn’t exist outside the world of R&D Tax.Read in full
Article: Undertaking R&D and received a Grant?
When looking at eligible expenditure for R&D Tax claims there is one category that often strikes initial confusion – EPW’s. EPW stands for Externally Provided Workers - a phrase that doesn’t exist outside the world of R&D Tax.Read in full
Industry News: R&D Tax – An industry reflection
Most industries experience BOOMS, whether it’s as far reaching and impactful as the dotcom boom, or more sector specific or regional; like craft beer or manufacturing in Birmingham. Over the past five or so years the world of R&D Tax has experienced such a BOOM.Read in full